Montag, 14. September 2009

Samuel Eto'o: I Am Looking Forward To Playing Barcelona




Samuel Eto'o has admitted that he is now relishing the prospect of playing against Barcelona in midweek, but does not think that it will be the biggest game of Inter's season.

The Cameroonian striker has been given an early chance to prove to the Blaugrana that they were wrong to swap him for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

After helping Barca to become the European champions last term, Eto'o is now aiming to put them out at the first opportunity by ensuring they gain no points from Inter.

"The game against Barcelona motivates me, obviously," he told Sky Italia. "But it also motivates the rest of the team too.

"Up until now I had not thought about playing them, but now I am and that is what I am focussing on.

"I really want to play in the game, but I do not think it will be the most important game of the season because I want to play in many important games, not just this one."

Jose Mourinho stated that Eto'o is the best striker that he has ever worked with, and that has gone down well with the former Real Mallorca star.

"I want to thank him for his words, but I will not compare him to [Barca coach Pep] Guardiola," he continued.

"All I want is to continue to work hard and repay the confidence and affection that Inter have shown me since I came here."


--source www.goal.com

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen